Arising from our mission, ICAM is continuously seeking to help raise standards of know-how and skills through:
* ICAM Training courses
* Closer collaboration with other aesthetic medical bodies
* Collaboration with specialists of related specialties
* Involving research and development of treatment techniques and equipments
* Through ethics advocacy
* Sharing practice economics of aesthetic medicine
* Advocating that aesthetic medicine can complement conventional medicine and others such as dermatology, cosmetic or plastic surgery
* Organizing medical congresses and medical ventures summits.
* Maintaining multi level International Membership Register for best benefit of clinicians and patients.
* Supporting evidence-based trials at international level.
MISSION & VALUES
Primary mission of ICAM is to play an educational and training role to support doctors who wish to practice aesthetic medicine. ICAM appreciate requirement of training other professionals such as nurses and aesthetic practitioners for the best benefit of the industry. Therefore ICAM has training courses to all levels of professionals in aesthetic industry. ICAM appreciate that some professionals wish to practice their own specialty of medicine but practice aesthetic medicine in part time basis and selected types of treatments only. ICAM has designed courses to train such professionals and keep them updated. Training of ICAM is not just clinical aesthetic medicine but training clinicians to react in a balanced manner, responsibly and credibly with empathy- sensitivity detecting red flag signs of vulnerable patients, managing expectations, patient psychology. ICAM support trainers internationally by updating new developments , industry standards, audits, research and development and with variety of incentives. ICAM does this through a faculty of mainly part-time medical doctors who are highly experienced in their own fields and in aesthetic medicine. Key features of ICAM are Integrity, Diversity, Collaboration to maintain Excellence.
ICAM has its two permanent training sites in Birmingham UK and Kandy Sri Lanka (with accommodation). There are many more venues internationally that we conduct training courses , workshops, time to time. ICAM conduct training internationally through a faculty of mainly part-time medical doctors who are highly experienced in their own fields and in aesthetic medicine in respective countries. Trainers/lecturers/demonstrators are appointed to each training course by the Medical Director /Director for Training Dr. Madhura P Manawickrama.
Director – Training
Since Graduated in 1994 got extensive training, “hands – on skills” and experience in surgery,
from treating Minor routine procedures to extensive war casualties.
Worked as an International Specialist for the United Nations from 2003 -2006.
Trained in Aesthetic Medicine including non-invasive procedures to provide high quality, state of the art, treatments of a wide variety.
– Completed postgraduate training in Aesthetic Medicine at University of London UK.
– Member of European College of Aesthetic Medicine and Surgery.
– Member of American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine.
– Involved in research and development of aesthetic procedures and technology.
Areas of special interest Minimally invasive Rhytidoplasty – ” Facelift procedures – multifaceted approach”, Use of PRP and micro-needling in aesthetics and treatment of chronic wounds. Development of hi-tech treatments with artificial intelligence for aesthetics and other medical disciplines. Training aesthetic medicine to develop a new generation of clinicians with good understanding to provide patient centered focused treatments customized to requirement.
Your Future Starts Here.
The practice of aesthetic medicine is not the sole prerogative of any single medical discipline. Yes, there are doctors who devote wholly to aesthetic medical practice, just as there are others who practice aesthetic medical procedures alongside their respective fields of medicine.
ICAM appreciate requirement of training other professionals such as nurses and aesthetic practitioners for the best benefit of the industry.
Therefore ICAM has training courses to all levels of professionals in aesthetic industry.
GET TRAINED – FOR A BETTER FUTURE